Friday, March 30, 2012

TV SUCKS

this one's an old old one, in fact its a commentary that may not have made the rounds yet. going through my documents here at work allowed me to find some old gems. i know its old though because i commented about nascar in it, so it was back before big orange made his second cup win. nowadays i am like that prodigy BRAINMAN dude. you can say a number and i can tell you the name of the driver of that number. sad, but true and a newly appreciated fan. enjoy:

TV SUCKS.

When you come down to it there’s nothing on TV anymore. Since the dawn of on-demand, I think channels are just throwing out stuff for you to think is more interesting than some reality TV show. Are all TV shows now reality based or reality driven? Ever since Cosby and Seinfeld went off the air, producers can’t make a good sitcom to save their lives. I remember when the news was reality enough!

The Real World showed people that you could film just about anything that someone else is doing and they could make a buck off of it.

And last night a friend of mine called and said on-demand on the history channel there is a show called “The History of Bricks”. Are you kidding me? I’d rather watch the History of Air than that show. He later concluded with “ooooh, ‘The History of Paint’ is on demand!” We laughed about it but truthfully TV is pathetic.

The most exciting thing on TV now is of course sports. Football, baseball, the US open, even golf… I don’t even follow sports but if you were to ask me who was in the Chase for the Nextel Cup (nothing but advertising going around in circles, only split up by commercials themselves), or even which team had actually done well enough to make it to the World Series this year I would have a somewhat educated answer from not watching any other programming.

If you say the names Chris Ferguson, Doyle Brunson, or Annie Duke, most people may not know who you mean. And its sad that I know who they are, know what they look like, and know how many World Series of Poker bracelets they each have…

I’m no sports junkie by any means, but when NOTHING else is on, I tend to find something that is halfway interesting, or something to fall asleep to until a good show comes on. The way things are going you could call me Rip Van Winkle, although in 2030 I bet there will still be nothing else on TV, because the current programmers will still be alive.

TV SUCKS.

No comments: